The Institute creation responded to the original idea of unifying two research groups in full development in the areas of Biotechnology and Nanotechnology, promoting their approach and the strategic complementation of their researchers, in order to generate new areas of collaboration and joint research initiatives .
– Develop scientific research of excellence in the field of Biotechnology and Nanotechnology.
– Perform undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
– Generate links with technological centers in the country and abroad in areas of interest, in order to strengthen the knowledge capital and its applications.
– Train scientific and technical staff.
– Perform technology transfer, services to the productive sector and society.